Define “church: an assembly or summoning or bringing people together...
2 Biblical terms that imply these assemblies:
(1) Synagogue = a specific place of worship (building)
(2) Ekklesia = a group who assembles for worship (people)
Ekklesia - used in two ways:
(1) The Church = those who spiritually belong to Christ
(2) A Church = a specific fellowship or congregation
Why Be a part of A Church?
(1) It’s biblical
- Believers belong to The Church
- Believers are not to neglect A Church
(2) It’s necessary
- The church is to be on mission
- We all have a role
- We need each other