MEET MASON POWELL
The Bluff’s Search Team
is excited to announce that they are bringing Mason Powell to The Bluff on Sunday, June 23, to meet the church family and teach in the morning worship gathering.
The Search Team has been talking to Mason and Jodi Powell over the past two months and are excited at the possibility that Mason may be the man God has lead us to become our next Teaching Co-Pastor.
Mason has just finished his Masters Degree in Strategic Ministry from Johnson University in Knoxville, Tennessee. He also recently finished a year-long residency at Greenwood Christian Church in Indianapolis.
Mason comes from a military family, so he moved around a lot as a child, but has spent much of his last several years in Knoxville, Tennessee. Jodi is originally from Alabama. She now works as a social worker with the Children’s Welfare System for the state of Tennessee.
The Search Team has spent quite a bit of time with both Mason and Jodi. The Powell’s spent several days in Poplar Bluff in May. They really liked our city and all that it offers. They also visited one of our worship gatherings and found our church family to be very friendly and welcoming. They are excited about the potential for growth they see in The Bluff Church.
On Sunday, June 23, the church will get to hear Mason teach during our worship gathering and then will have an opportunity to spend time with the Powell’s at a lunch that will be held at Gaebler’s Farm beginning at 1:00 PM. The church will provide fried fish, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Those attending are asked to bring a side dish or dessert. If you plan to attend please fill out the simple registration form so preparations can be made.
Below are links to Mason teaching
Master of Arts, Strategic Ministry Johnson University 2019
• Focus on Preaching and Church Leadership
Bachelor of Arts Johnson University 2016
• B.A. in Preaching and Church Leadership
• B.A. in Bible and Theology
• Magna Cum Laude
• Presidential Scholarship
• Preaching Scholarship
Greenwood Christian Church Greenwood, IN 2018-2019 - Preaching and Church Leadership Resident
• Worked directly with the Senior Minister in all areas of church leadership.
• Helped to cast and implement vision.
• Participated and led meetings with staff and individuals.
• Completed specialized projects related to the church’s future.
• Served as a member of the preaching team before congregation of 1200 members.
• Led the church’s membership class.
• Taught fourth-grade students as part of the children’s ministry.
• Served as a member of the Leadership Development Team.
• Planned, prepared, participated in, and led local and global mission trips.
Broadway Baptist Church Maryville, TN 2016 to 2018 - Intern/ Youth Sponsor
• Preached at youth group services and orchestrated young adult gatherings.
• Preached on special occasions before the entire congregation of about 300 members.
• Completed any special tasks assigned by the ministers.
• Led a fifth and sixth-grade boys’ Bible study and was an active youth leader.
Seymour First Baptist Church Seymour, TN 2010 to 2016 - College Student Teacher/ Youth Sponsor
• Preached on special occasions before the entire congregation of 450 members.
• Preached to 35 sixth-through twelfth-grade students on Wednesday and Sunday night.
• Traveled on student trips as a supervisor and chaperone.
• Helped direct the youth ministry with vision casting and strategic planning.
• Taught and led weekly college class and planned events for college and young adults.
Ridgedale Baptist Church Knoxville, TN 2014 - Interim Youth Minister
• Prepared and delivered weekly lessons for students and parents.
Self-Published Author Online Business 2018
• Started self-publishing business in July 2018.
• Author of Nobility (Book 1 of the Dystopian King Series).
• Conduct marketing efforts through social media and Mailchimp.
• Work with a creative team to publish exciting and inspiring fiction material.
MASON IS ALSO AN AUTHOR